All overseas retreats have been suspended due to COVID-19.
Mindfulness & Art Cambodian Retreat
JUNE 2020 RETREAT HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO MAY 2022
Singles, couples and families welcome
Angkor Wat and Surrounds
This is a one week adventure in mindfulness practice with a tour group in Siem Reap, Cambodia. It is the home of the Angkor Wat World Heritage Area. Discover temples, cultural experiences, Khmer BBQ foods, and delights at the many markets in the township.
One of three Siem Reap Night Markets
After a brief introductory workshop, the rest of the retreat will involve practicing mindfulness individually and as part of the group at various locations. Art therapy will be offered as a part of the program.
The group will be visiting the Artisans Craft workshops and Silk Factory which produces fine products that are sold in their on site shop.
Artisans Craft and Silk Shop
This will be a week mixed with relaxation and free time as well as other organised activities including:
- Phare Circus with musicians, acting and acrobats from the local Arts School at Battambang.
- The Apsara Theatre with a traditional Khmer dinner and cultural dance shows.
- Tour and walk through Angkor Wat and outer temples.
- Museums, activities, and other tours as per itinerary.
- International acclaimed dining at several restaurants in and around Siem Reap.
- Floating village tour including a boat trip out on the main lake near Siem Reap.
- Trip to Battambang Province for a visit to Bat Cave, Bamboo Railway and local village.
- Artisans Angkor Craft Workshops and Silk Farm tour with silk weaving demonstration
We will be staying at the Royal Crown Hotel & Spa for most of the stay just walking distance from Pub Street where there are markets, restaurants and clubs. Transport is provided in an air-conditioned minibus.
The 2020 itinerary is for 9 days and 8 nights, including an overnight trip to Battambang Province.
All breakfasts and either lunch or dinner most days are included in the retreat ground price.
One of the many temples along the route around Angkor Wat.
Plenty of time for shopping in various markets.
Costs for 2021 will be provided when known.
Approx. Ground Cost US$750 pp (shared twin / double room), US$550 pp (child under 12 years shared)
Single Supplement: US$200 pp (own room) Family Room Supplement: US$250 flat charge.
Ex Siem Reap Airport. Transfers included. Early Bird Discount: US$50 for early full payment.
Note: Airfares from Australia start from around AU$600 return via China, or AU$900 return via Singapore.
Singapore Airlines offer a good comfortable fare from Sydney to Siem Reap return, alternatively try Scoot via Bangkok or Singapore / Jetstar Asia or Vietnam Airlines via Vietnam. A cheap option is China Eastern Airlines though the the stopovers can be long.
To register email Peter and request a registration form. One registration form per person.